Let us bring the museum to you! Outreach programs are generally longer and more in-depth than our science field trip classes. All classes include a “make and take” craft that extends the learning experience. Our costs, terms, and most popular topics are described below; other options are available to suit your needs, including family drop-in programs. Please contact Renee Guerrero, Education Director, for more information or to schedule an outreach program at your location.
Student Outreach Program Costs and Terms
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the program.
- At least one adult from your organization must be present at all times.
- 45-minute programs for up to 16 children ages 3-5 years old (PreK): $75.
- 60-minute programs for up to 25 children in grades K-3: $120.
- Outreach programs are designed to be held indoors.
- Scholarships may be available depending on your group’s needs. The WOW! Scholarship Fund is made possible by individuals, foundations, and corporations in our community.
- Discounts may apply for two or more programs on the same day.
- Travel fees apply outside the city of Lafayette.
- Payment is due on the day of the program.
- WOW! Children’s Museum accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
Mathematics, age 3 years old to 3rd grade
Enjoy an interactive story time about numbers. Play games and make crafts that explore math concepts such as counting and numerals, shapes and patterns, sequences, comparison, and measurement.
Physical Science, age 3 years old to 3rd grade
Investigate the magical push and pull of magnetism in this station-based class. Create a magnet craft to try out in class and take home. WOW! credits part of this class to NanoDays, a nationwide festival of educational programs about nanoscale science and technology organized by the Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network with funding from the National Science Foundation.
Romping Stomping Dinosaurs
Life Science, age 3 years old to 1st grade
Learn about different types of dinosaurs and the characteristics that make each one special. See and touch fossils; compare them to each other and to modern animals. Make a dinosaur of your own to take home.
Physical Science, grades K-3
Investigate sound science by hearing, feeling, and even seeing vibrations. Create and try out your own sound maker to keep. WOW! is grateful for support from LEAP into Science, a science and literacy program developed by The Franklin Institute and the Free Library of Philadelphia with support from the National Science Foundation.
Physical Science, grades K-3
Calling all problem solvers! Be an inventor as you observe, research, design, build, and test your own creation to take home. WOW! is grateful for support from LEAP into Science, a science and literacy program developed by The Franklin Institute and the Free Library of Philadelphia with support from the National Science Foundation.
Blowing in the Wind
Physical Science, Earth Systems Science, grades 2-3
Explore the properties of air flow and air pressure. Make art that catches air, test your creation, then take it home with you. WOW! is grateful for support from LEAP into Science, a science and literacy program developed by The Franklin Institute and the Free Library of Philadelphia with support from the National Science Foundation.