Science Class Field Trips
Add a science class to your field trip! Classes are 30 minutes long, are held during your two-hour self-guided field trip, and are facilitated by Museum Education staff. Choose one topic from our most popular topics shown below. To schedule a science class, please contact the Museum Front Desk, (303) 604-2424.
Science Class Field Trip Policies:
- Science classes are scheduled as part of a field trip.
- Field trips are available between 10:00am to 4:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Two weeks advance reservations required.
- WOW! requires 1 adult supervisor for every 8 children. Adults are required to actively supervise all children in your field group during your Museum visit. Adults are admitted for free.
- Children with WOW! Memberships are admitted for only $3.00 per child. Children with WOW! Scholarship Memberships are admitted for only $2.50 per child.
- Scholarships may be available depending on your group’s needs. WOW!’s Scholarship Program is made possible by individuals, foundations, and corporations in our community.
- WOW! Children’s Museum accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
Science Class Field Trip Costs:
|Number of Students||Basic Field Trip With Class||Scholarship Field Trip With Class|
|10-25||$9.50 per child||$6.50 per child|
|26-40||$9.00 per child||$5.50 per child|
Mathematics, age 3 years old to 1st grade
Play games and make crafts that explore math concepts such as counting and numerals, shapes and patterns, sequences, comparison, and measurement. This class was created by WOW! to support the Go Figure! exhibit, created by Minnesota Children’s Museum, while that exhibit visited WOW! from September-November 2013.
Physical Science, age 3 years old to 1st grade
Investigate the magical push and pull of magnetism in this station-based class. Compare and contrast the class activities to our Magnet exhibit. WOW! is grateful for support from LEAP into Science, a science and literacy program developed by The Franklin Institute and the Free Library of Philadelphia with support from the National Science Foundation.
Romping Stomping Dinosaurs
Life Science, age 3 years old to 1st grade
Learn about different types of dinosaurs and the characteristics that make each one special. See and touch fossils; compare them to each other and to modern animals. This complements our Investigating Dinosaurs exhibit.
Balance and Motion
Physical Science, grades K-2
Explore the world of things that spin, roll, balance, and move. Activities complement and extend the topics covered in the FOSS Balance and Motion Unit.
Slime and Ooze
Physical Science, grades K-3
Identify the characteristics of solids and liquids. Make your own slime to keep, and use it to explain the differences between a liquid and a solid. Activities complement and extend the topics covered in the FOSS Solids and Liquids Unit.
Blowing in the Wind
Physical Science, Earth Systems Science, grades 2-3
Explore the properties of air flow and air pressure. Create art that catches air, test it in our Blowing in the Wind exhibit, then take it home with you. WOW! is grateful for support from LEAP into Science, a science and literacy program developed by The Franklin Institute and the Free Library of Philadelphia with support from the National Science Foundation.
Light & Shadow
Physical Science, grades 2-3
Explore light, shadows, and mirrors. This complements our Light & Shadow exhibit.