Science Field Trips
Science Field Trips are two hours long, allow full self-guided access to all of our exhibits, and include 30-minute classes facilitated by Museum Education staff. Choose one topic for your Science Field Trip. Our most popular topics are shown below, and other options are available to suit your needs. If you are interested in booking a Science Field Trip or have additional questions, please contact the Museum Front Desk, (303) 604-2424 for assistance.
Science Field Trip Costs:
- $8.00 per child, 10-40 students per Science Field Trip
- Adults are free (adult supervisors must be at least 18 years old)
- WOW! Children’s Museum accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
Science Field Trip Policies:
- Field trips are available for booking Wednesdays-Fridays. Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the Science Field Trip.
- WOW! requires 1 adult supervisor for every 5 children. Adults are required to actively supervise all children in your group during your Museum visit.
- Scholarships may be available depending on your group’s needs. The WOW! Scholarship Fund is made possible by individuals, foundations, and corporations in our community.
Physical Science, age 3 years old to 4th grade
Investigate the magical push and pull of magnetism in this station-based class. Compare and contrast the class activities to our Magnet exhibit.
Romping Stomping Dinosaurs
Life Science, age 3 years old to 4th grade
Learn about different types of dinosaurs and the characteristics that make each one special. See and touch fossils; compare them to each other and to modern animals.
Balance and Motion
Physical Science, grades K-2
Explore the world of things that spin, roll, balance, and move. Activities complement and extend the topics covered in the FOSS Balance and Motion Unit.
Slime and Ooze
Physical Science, grades K-4
Identify the characteristics of solids and liquids. Make your own slime to keep, and use it to explain the differences between a liquid and a solid. Activities complement and extend the topics covered in the FOSS Solids and Liquids Unit.
Blowing in the Wind
Physical Science, Earth Systems Science, grades K-4
Explore the properties of air flow and air pressure. Create art that catches air, test it in our Blowing in the Wind exhibit, then take it home with you. Credit LEAP into Science.
Earth Systems Science, grades 1-4
Capture the energy of the Sun to move things, make rainbows, and create solar art to keep. Explore our SunSational Energy & Science exhibit. This class and exhibit were made possible by a generous grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Light & Shadow
Physical Science, grades 2-4
Explore light, shadows, and mirrors. This complements our Light and Shadow exhibit.